Thursday, September 25, 2008

Black Rock Mountain State Park


Last night the view from Black Rock Mountain State Park overlook was a bit on the hazy side. After work we went up to take a look hoping to find a few fall colors. It was a little early for that but there was a tree or two starting to change. I hope to run up there agan when it gets a little more into the fall.
I am using a D80 Nikon Camera for these pictures and shooting in raw. I use Photoshop Elements 5 to enhance the pictures after I get them into the computer. This is all new to me about a year ago. Maybe a couple of years since I bought the camera. I own an N80 Nikon (film) camera but switched after Jean gave me a Fugifilm camera 2 years ago at Christmas. I loved it and was forever hooked on digital. There is a huge learning curve once you go digital especially when using a DSLR. Once I had a camera I found out quickly I needed to upgrade my computer. So, I bought a Dell Latitude 630 moments after they came out. I bought it from my son's company Rocket IT http://www.rocketit.com/ . It came loaded with Business Vista. Wow, cool but yet again another huge learning curve. I loaded Elements and immediately got lost in cyberworld. The latest is that my 2 GB laptop memory is already 90% full. No matter. I have loads of pictures just waiting for the delete button. At first I saved everything, now I am deleteing gobs of junk. Anyway, as we left Black Rock I found a pool of antifreeze under our car. And, a line of antifreeze in along the entrance road. No matter, I erased it using Photoshop. Such fun.
As you can see it was late in the afternoon and the shadows on the road at the entrance kiosk made a nice pattern for all to enjoy.
If you enjoy photography and want to see mine come on downtown Clayton to Mountain Nature & Wild Bird Supply. I have just added an art gallery to the store. You just might meet me there, too.

No comments: