Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Rabun Blog

September 20, 2003 was the opening day at Mountain Nature & Wild Bird Supply (Mountain Nature, Inc.). Yea, we have made it 5 years!
September 23, 2008, this morning I woke up with the idea of writing a new blog. Oh, it isn’t a new idea just a new story line. Its name is yet to be determined; I mean I just thought of writing it this morning so a name at this time is not important. Still, I have one in mind; just don’t want to let the cat out of the bag yet. Maybe I will before I finish writing it but, not yet.
The main theme of the blog will be Rabun County, Georgia although it may branch off to other parts of Georgia and the Carolinas sometimes.
While for now I am calling it the New Rabun Blog for the moment it will most likely cover the Appalachian Mountains of North Georgia and Western North Carolina and the Appalachian Upstate of South Carolina.
Who is Richard Hyatt?
Well, that is me. I am part owner and operator of Mountain Nature & Wild Bird Supply or what we sometimes call Mountain Nature, Inc. located in downtown Clayton, Georgia. As many of you already know the other owner and operator is Jean Hyatt, my wife. Hopefully, you will get to read some of her writings on this blog also. We write the Mountain Nature article each month for the Georgia Mountain Laurel. We have been doing this since we opened Mountain Nature & Wild Bird Supply five years ago. You will learn much more about Jean and I as you read future blogs. Better yet come in to Mountain Nature & Wild Bird Supply any time and meet us face to face. We are located at 104 North Main Street (Historic US 441) Clayton, Rabun County, Georgia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Richard,
I think this is a great idea, thanks for thinking of it.